Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Plunge

I took the plunge, or rather a couple of plunges....I ditched a "boyfriend" and got a puppy! Yea! for the former and double Yea! for the latter. The "boyfriend", and I use that term loosely hence the quotes, turned out to be so typical and un-unicorn-like that he had to go. Too messy, too much baggage that he wasn't trying to unpack. I have too much opportunity, too much potential, too many sunrises and sunsets to see to be bogged down in his garbage or to cosign on his need to maintain his status quo, as dysfunctional as it is/was. Yeah, I 'm venting but bear with me because I do have a point...I think. I think my point is good riddance to bad rubbish. Kick rocks, don't let the door hit ya, you can't have the best of me.

My big ol fluffy, black as coal Goldendoodle, Leo, can have all of me though. That's my dog and my dawg! Sometimes I look at his big ol black mass stretched out on my light colored carpet and just beam at his cuteness. Then I start picking up all the little blades of grass that he carried in on his curly "fro-ish" coat. He looks at me and I look at him and "we" know we've got each others back. He understands that I'm looking after him when I feed him, pick up his poop and wipe the junk out his eyes(that's that poodle side of him). I understand that he's looking after me when barks his puppyish yet gruff bark when he hears or sees something that doesn't fit. When I come home from work, he does this doggy talk thingy that I find so adorable but I bet he is somehow trying establishing some dominance...I'll let that slide for now though because he's my Leo, he's my dawg and he rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment