Thursday, May 24, 2012

Prop up

This is an old post I wrote and never published, but I thought it was funny:

Have you ever unknowingly propped someone up? Whether it was a friendship or a relationship, you were the glue that pretty much held the other person together. Yeah, I don't know what it is but I seem to attract these types. I don't know why they're in need of propping up but when the alliance/association ends, these people fall all the way apart to the extent that they are unrecognizable.

In the course of the friendship or relationships, I merely make suggestions or really, just talk outloud about what the other person "might" want to consider doing or exploring. It's just talk. You don't have to do it, not for me anyway. I went out with one guy on maybe two dates. Two years later, he called to tell me that he enrolled in law school as the result of a conversation we had. Said guy, who ordered coffee as his beverage of choice with an In-n-Out burger on one of our dates, was not my type. Our encounter was so brief that its hard to believe that I had that much influence...I think he was calling to brag, like "Bish, look what you missed." But all I could recall was that he ordered coffee with an In-n-Out burger.

No comments:

Post a Comment